Monday, February 13, 2012

Quotes I Like!

  1. "He that flings dirt at another dirties himself the most." -Anonymous
  2. "Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration." – Thomas Edison
  3. "A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows you are slightly cracked." – Bernard Meltzer
  4. "If you don’t know where you want to go, any road will take you there." – African-American Proverb
  5. "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burdens of others." – Charles Dickens
  6. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." – Eleanor Roosevelt
  7. The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. – Edward Phelps
  8. "Dance as if no one is watching. Sing as if no one is listening. Love as if you have never been hurt." – unknown
  9. "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." – Robert F. Kennedy
  10. "May you live all the days of your life. – unknown"
  11. "Live every act fully, as if it were your last." – Buddha
  12. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."  –Helen Keller
  13. "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn’t funny, but chaos in the midst of order is."  –Steve Martin
  14. "Avoid popularity if you would have peace." –Abraham Lincoln
  15. "You can’t pray a lie." –Mark Twain
  16. "Don’t tell me worrying doesn’t do any good.  Half the things I worry about never even happen." –Twain
  17. I can live for two months on a good compliment. –Mark Twain
  18. Be kind, for every one you meet is fighting a battle. –John Watson
#12: I chose number twelve because, I like adventures and new things. I feel as though it is a day wasted if I didn't have an adventure. Small adventures are sufficient and that makes it a simpler task for me ( the task being having an adventurous life,) because I enjoy so many things. I intend to live my life like an adventure, not holding back or having regrets. I would feel incomplete if it were any other way. I would like to, when I am older, look back on my life and see all of the things I did do not the things I didn't. I believe the fact that Helen Keller was the one who said it influenced my choice of quotes. She is a great role model of mine, I find her ability to achieve so much with so many struggles in her path to success inspirational. I would consider my life an adventure if I find people I love and impact them postively in some way. I plan to experience everything I can experience and everything I want to experience in my life. That may consist of small adventures like sledding down a massive hill or big adventures like saving a persons life but as long as I am proud of all I've done when I look back I will feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment